Ignite Salt Lake held it's second round of presentations on 26 March 2008 at Brewvies Cinema Pub in Salt Lake City, UT and Calanan Photography was proud to sponsor the event! The schedule of events is listed below - links go to YouTube videos of each of the presentations:
Make Contest - Tallest Tower using only masking tape, straws and wooden stir sticks.
- Jason Alderman - What is Ignite?
- Eric Hamilton - How to do ANYTHING YOU WANT and get paid for it: Inside the Wheels of Steel Photo Book Project
- Alen Peacock - A Robot Brain for to /Not/ Destroy Humanity
- Jessica Petersen - Experience Design: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly of Everyday Interfaces
- Kyle Mathews - Building social networks for learning
- Jeff Jordan - Video on the Web: Big Freakin’ Deal
- Benjamin Kimball - Internet Explorer 6, the Bell Tolls for Thee!
- Grant Sperry - Salty Punks
Powerpoint Karaoke - 3 contestants presenting an Ignite style presentation on a slide deck they've never seen before for prizes!
Nashlah Boyayan - Bacon as an Art Medium
(We're sorry to say that this is the only Powerpoint Karaoke that our camera man caught. The others were wonderful as well and we thank all the contestants for being brave enough to do this)
- Rachael Herrscher - Who's Your Mama?
- Louis Borgenicht - The Last Laugh: Nuclear Humor
- Matthias Shapiro - I Once Was Blind: Building Information Visualizations That Mean Something
- Angie Jantz - The Story of a Rebel and His Bike: Why Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is the greatest movie of all time (or at least 1985)
- Robert Marc - The Twenty Senses
- Jason Lutes - Top 8 Reasons Why Base-2 Logarithms Are Quintessential 4 Working with Computer Graphics
- Daren C. Brabham - Crowdsourcing as a Model for Problem Solving
- Jeremy Hanks - Blowing Minds and Melting Faces
Some of my favorite photos from the night:
And the full slideshow via Flickr: