I didn't make any screen shots simply to protect the tweets of some protected folks who I follow (I'm too lazy to obfuscate their entries :) ) but the steps are easy enough to follow.
- After logging in to Twitter go back a few pages via the Older » link at the bottom of the page
- Notice that the URL in the address bar changes accordingly, e.g. going back 3 pages gives the URL http://twitter.com/home?page=4
- Click the Home link that's below your picture (just above the @Replies link)
Twitter should display the 1st, newest page of tweets but the URL will still show the address to the older page, e.g. http://twitter.com/home?page=4
- Now if you refresh that 1st, new page the browser will instead display the older page corresponding to the URL http://twitter.com/home?page=4 not the newest page
- This doesn't happen if you instead use the Home link at the very top of the page after going back into your older pages - that Home link does indeed change the URL to http://twitter.com/home
Tested on Firefox 3.0.6 and MSIE 6.0.2900.5512 on Windows XP SP 3
Anyone else run into this bug? Please leave me a comment if so, I want to confirm a few more cases before reporting it to Twitter, thanks.